1/10/12

When I imagine my life, 
I see little glowing lights. 
Like a distant city out of focus


Lately I've really been dreaming of flowers. Flowers grown in front of corner cafes, cake, and friends. These friends have pretty half full glasses in their hands that they clink together when they want to say something and mean it, and they do, often.


I dream of the most open space for Mooney to run, I dream of somehow containing that within a lively city, the excitement of people always living right outside your own existence, the simple comfort of them passing by.


No dream of mine (and anyone that knows me can tell you this) would be complete without music. Country music, the good kind, and folk singers, If I may have my dying wish. 


I put this blog together tonight, not to say any of this. This whole idea, this name -I think it started as something different, I suppose these kinds of things always do.


I had come across Loretta Flower once before (a dream name, don't you think? Hello - Loretta Lynn, my own GRANDMA, and of course the Townes song). Finding her tonight seemed like a sign from heaven. Her tagline: Loretta Flower is Mary Kathryn Paynter, a floral designer in Austin, Texas that still believes in true love and country music.                            


Amen Sister.


To the many folks that have been flooding me with inspiration and happiness lately, thanks.
(Amy MerrickSarah Ryhanen to name a few)
Here's to the happiest new year, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment